Show and Tell #73: Utter Randomness From Night Owl

I received this recently from the Night Owl:

And he was right, it was like Mambo #5. A little bit of this and a little bit of that.

We will start with a high numbered Rich/Richie/Dick Allen from his brief one season residency with the Dodgers. This gives me 641 cards of the 752 card set which is 85.24%.


1971 Topps #650 Rich Allen


Along with a few other '10 Allen & Ginter was this David DeJesus card. The Royals unloaded DeJesus on the A's last week for two pitching prospects, Vin Mazzaro and Justin Marks. I imagine he will be replaced by a more expensive free agent who had a great season last year but will suffer a mind numbing slump next season.

2010 Topps Allen & Ginter #273 David DeJesus


The '81 Fleer sticker design is one of my favorites and when I'm done with the '71 set I might make a go of this set. Roy is also one of my favorite Twins. He retired after the 1987 World Series championship by the Twins.

1981 Fleer Stickers #55 Roy Smalley

A DK off the needs list. In a sort of weak version of my Everybody's Got A Record series, Al drove in the first run at Three Rivers Stadium and hit the last home run at Forbes Field.

1984 Donruss #9 Al Oliver Diamond King

I love these playing card baseball cards and it's sad that these sort of things won't be made in the immediate future unless they come from Topps.

1991 U.S. Playing Cards All-Stars #7H Rick Aguilera, #1H Jack Morris
1991 U.S. Playing Cards All-Stars #JOK Danny Tartabull, #4D Kirby Puckett


Thanks Night Owl and I've already sent something back to you in our never ending game of trade tag. You are soon to be IT!

Comments

night owl said…
God, my scrawling looks like I'm 80.