Genius Covers: Super-Villain Team-Up #10

Today's Genius Cover is a Super-Villain Team-Up [that's a lot of hyphens] #10 from February 1977.

This bad boy has Dr. Doom, Namor the Sub-Mariner, AND The Red Skull battling Captain America...at least that is what the cover would have you believe. The Red Skull doesn't actually show up in the story until the final two pages and it is supposed to be a shocking reveal that the Red Skull is there too. So as a reader who bought this comic simply based on the cover [like me] you were a little disappointed. Nevertheless, it's one of my favorite all-time covers.

This issue also has some great advertisements with my favorite being this ad for the Six Million Dollar Man toys. You can also sign up to join The Six Million Dollar Man Bionic Action Club for 50 cents.

Previously on Genius Covers:

Captain America Vol. 4 #12
Beavis and Butt-head #5
Sleepwalker #19
American Splendor
Classics Illustrated #4 Last of the Mohicans
Mephisto vs. The Fantastic Four #1
The Amazing Spider-Man #247
G.I. Joe #30
The Mighty Thor #475
Daredevil #262
The Spectacular Spider-Man #180
The Amazing Spider-Man #246

Comments

Jeremy said…
That's a nice cover indeed! Do you know who drew that cover? I've never heard of Super-Villain Team-Up before. My favorite Cap. America stories are the ones that he's fighting against the Red Skull.
Todd Uncommon said…
I useta have Six Million dollar man toys when I was a kid. My mom wouldn't let me have any Bionic Woman stuff, though.

Funny how the term "bionic" is trademarked to Universal Studios. I wonder if that's still the case.