The Cuban Comet

Two cards...22 years apart.

1955 Bowman #25 Minnie Minoso


1977 Topps #232 Minnie Minoso Record Breaker


I've been adding cards slowly but surely to my Minnie Minoso [that's Saturnino Orestes Armas Minoso Arrieta to his parents] collection. I've had the Bowman for a while but picked up the Record Breaker card only recently. As a kid when I would read my baseball facts books whenever they talked about Minnie and how he played in the games in the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s I assumed that that was all the way through but Minnie took a big break from the majors between 1964 and 1976 which lowers the accomplishment a little.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The Saint Paul Saints even let him play in a game in the 00's to make him a seven decade professional player. I am shocked that someone in the Independent Leagues hasn't signed him to play in a game for the publicity this decade.